DES Pakistan appreciates and respects positive endeavors from individual, communities and national and international governmental and non-governmental organizations. The organization always takes consideration into the following approaches during the programs implementation process:
· Participatory approach: We encourage our beneficiaries to participate actively in our programs right from needs assessment to implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and benefit sharing.
·People-centered approach: Community people are central to all our development efforts and interventions.
· Coordination and collaboration approach: Activities are effectively coordinated with governmental and non-governmental organizations from grassroots to district, national and international levels.
· Accountability and transparency: All the program activities and corresponding budget allocated for that particular place are transparent; anyone at any time can have access to this information if requested.
·Needs driven approach: Program activities will not be imposed from the top, but are selected based on the demand made by the beneficiaries.
·Rights-Based Approach: DES Pakistan is guided by its humanitarian policies which actively nurture all aspect of human rights and integrates it to enable and empower the people for asserts their fundamental right.
·Ownership & sharing: At DES Pakistan projects, local stakeholders are involved in the decision-making process and community activities are carried out with local participation during the course of project implementation. Efficient community participation, cost sharing and coordination with government line agencies create community accountabilities and ownership of the project.
·Sustainability: As far as possible, DES Pakistan strives to ensure that organizational and community-based activities supported through community development project benefits are realized, maintained and continue after the end of the project.
·Policy Advocacy: DES Pakistan ensures that the each of its action, must be linked with the Policy frameworks of Government (Provincial and Federal) and wherever possible, DES Pakistan will enforce the government to take necessary measures accordingly to fulfill the right holders’ requirement.
· Folk wisdom: DES Pakistan respects the knowledge of indigenous people regarding the local area, historical backgrounds, local practices and way of living and encourages the elders to contribute their skillful knowledge to the projects implementation strategies and the new generation to find out the local ways of solutions of the problems.
· Social Mobilization: DES Pakistan always uses to incorporate the social mobilization strategy into the projects to decrease the chances of conflicts and ensure the community ownership of the project interventions. Our field mobilization teams get communities onboard through the introduction, sensitization on importance, the realization of the problem, organizing them and formation of community groups take part in decision making at every stage of intervention.